29 June 2010

A few things I forgot to tell you about the mountain trip. . .

So, it's been pointed out to me that there are a few stories about our Ohakune trip that I've failed to tell you about, so here you are:

 - SpongeBob Squarepants became my war cry. I have a very strong opinion about Spongebob and his square pants. Firstly, they are square. Secondly, they are cardboard. Thirdly, he has to fold a new pair every morning. And Fourthly, they live under the sea. HOW does his folded, square, cardboard PANTS stay that way?! Why does he have to fold them?! Why are they cardboard?! Never mind that he has a stupid starfish for a best friend, or that he's a sponge, or that he works in a hamburger joint. The important question is WHATS WITH HIS PANTS?! anyway. . . he came up on Saturday (and in fact after looking at the video footage it would appear that I was the one to bring him up) I couldn't stop ranting about his square pants.

 - The Made You Look game. JP and I have been playing this for years. You know the game, the one where you fool someone into looking at something or somewhere and you say "ha ha, made ya look!". We are constantly trying to make each other "look". There are only three rules:
1. We are always playing
2. It's not safe to do it when driving
3. "Parallelogram" is the 'safe' word (for those times when you're NOT trying to make them look for a joke, but for an actual reason.)
JP's very good at this game and is constantly in the lead. I'm NEVER in the lead. We don't keep score, but more of a "I'm two up" or "we're even" type score. Apparently the snow works for me. When I do get JP, I tend to get them in runs, and on Saturday I managed to get him three times in a row, taking me from two down to one up! Needless to say that by the time we returned home I was back to one down, but nevertheless I'm super chuffed that I was in the lead for even such a short time.

- We watched "Kick-Ass" on the XBox. I didn't ask how it was obtained. Very funny I must say. Watch it!

- The Band that I said I'd start on the way home would consist of Me on drums, TC on the kettle drums, VR on triangle and JD on guitar. Not the most conventional band, but good anyway. Well, with songs called "Parallelogram" and "Rowdy and Rude" how could it not be?!

- Homemade Bread. VR bought along a loaf of fresh homemade bread. It was soooooo delicious - I had a couple of slices for breakie each morning. Now I want a bread maker. mmmmmm fresh bread. . . . . I wonder how many flybuys points I have. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment