24 June 2010

Present hunting

Tonight I traipsed around North City Plaza with one of my besties, trying to find a present for another of our besties 30th on Wednesday. She's the first of my school friends to turn 30, so to say she's not real excited is an understatement.

So, this weekend a group of us are going to Ohakune. Madi Gras is on Saturday, half the group are planning on sking and the other half are planning on making snowmen - guess which group I'm in?! It should be a fun weekend of booze, booze and more booze.

Birthday's are important to me and presents are a great way of showing how much we love and respect those around us. Who doesn't love presents?! When I asked TC's partner what she wanted he told us he what he was getting her was because he didn't know what else to get. When I asked her what she wanted she said my prescence was present enough. I told her not to be such a loser, of course I was getting her a present.

So off VR and I go to try find a joint present from 5 of us, so that we can take it away and give it to her over the weekend. Needless to say that we spent several hours wandering through the mall and getting frustrated. So frustrated that we called all our friends (none of whom answered on the first call - how rude!) for ideas. We even called TC herself. So we could talk to her partner that is - if only he'd answered his own two phones!

We did finally get her a present. I can't tell you what we got on the off chance that TC actually reads this blog. But I think she'll like it, them, him ;)

And then I did the rest of my chores for the trip; washing, buying cat food, working out how I'm going to stay warm, finding my sleeping bag and mending my jeans. Packing a bag will have to just wait until after work tomorrow before VR picks up JP and me. phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment