17 June 2010

Always a bridesmaid. . .

There is so much going on at the moment it's crazy. So much to do, not enough time to do it. If someone could invite an eighth day, I'd be very greatful.

I've been a bridesmaid twice in the past, and now going to be one again for my sister.

The first time was for an old school friend. There were four bridesmaids and I was the only one living in the country at the time. When we were at school the five of us were pretty inseperable and even today we are pretty close. We hosted a great hens night, and had lots to do on the day, but in the lead up there wasn't too much to do, other than be the dress guinea pig. While there was four bridesmaids there was only two groomsmen, and it actually looked pretty cool. The couple produced a gorgeous wee daughter and then unfortunetly seperated. Not a good omen for my part as a bridesmaid I thought. I've just been searching through my computer and I can't find one single photo from the day. I know I have hard copies, but nothing electronic, so sad.

TC and I were both bridesmaids for both friends. I'll miss her this time round :)

The second time was for another school friend, who has become a very close friend. This time I was one of three bridesmaids, and lucky enough to be asked to be chief bridesmaid. All three of us were in the country and we were involved a lot more. This bridal party was a lot of fun and we are all very good friends. In fact, I think this when TC and MC "hooked up" or at least started seeing each other, or whatever the correct term is. This is my favourite photo from the day:


This time round I'm Chief again and doing a lot of the planning. In fact I think I'm co-ordinating the entire opearation. There will be four bridesmaids, mainly because the groom wants four groomsmen. The more the merrier I say. It's taking place in the Waikato and will have a earthy, natural theme. So it should be a very beautiful and relaxed day. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment