28 June 2010

"The Boys From Brazil"

Just looking at this movie of JP's I was thinking 'Oh good lord, here's another old movie about men with guns'. But, I was pleasantly surprised. After a long road trip home from Ohakune, we sat down in front of the telly to watch this one.

"The Boys From Brazil" is set in the 70's. A young Steve Guttenberg has discovered a plot by the Nazi's to kill 94 men over the next 2 years. All these men are 65 years old, civil servants and spread across several European countries, Canada and America. He manages to pass this information on to, what I assume was, a Nazi hunter. He then begins searching for the murdered men and the connection between them.

The story was a good mystrey story, but not so intricate that it was difficult to follow. I was rather proud of myself for being able to solve the mystry before it ended.

I'm not sure about the acting. It seemed to be ok, but didn't seem stellar. The only person I recognised was Steve Guttenberg - which probably just shows how young or perhaps thats naive I really am. The teenage boy in the movie was good if not a little creepy.

I enjoyed this one, probably because the story held my attention. It didn't go on and on, and have a hundred twists that I got distracted and lost my way. Which often seems to happen when I watch one of JP's movies.

Should you watch it? Sure, it's actually a good story. If you're a bit of a modern day movie person, then you'll need to get past that to watch this. But if you can, you'll really enjoy it. I probably wouldn't have ever watched this if I hadn't been doing this project.

Next? The Breakfast Club. Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment