02 June 2010

Seeing Stars

I think it's safe to say I love stars, but today I learnt that I don't love them when I see them flash in front of my eyes.

On Monday I bent down beside the photocopier to pick up a piece of paper and when I stood up again I smacked my head on the stairs (the photocopier is under the stairs). It hurt like a mother f*^*&er and I cried. Oddly the first thought I had was "Don't cry at work again!". I've never felt such pain like that before, I'm sure it's bruised, but who can tell with all my hair?!

Then two days later, I'm on the toilet (yes this is a toilet story, but bare with me cause it's funny and not gross). While I'm doing my business I'm playing with my ring and it slides off my finger on to the floor. Without even thinking I bend over to pick it up and SMACK my head on the basin on the way up. I thought Monday was bad, but today was sooooo much worse. You know what knocking a bruise is like! Imagine it!

Needless to say I was not in good shape when I finally made it back to the office from the toilet. I had my team mates in stitches telling them the story of what happened and I felt like I'd been smacked in the head with a bowling ball. I downed a couple of neurofen and went back to work, and just tried to ignore the throbbing pain.

I'm a little afraid of what I might do next! I don't think I could handle another smack to the head, I think I'll just pass out. I am starting to wonder if karma is punishing me for something or life wants to tell me something really important, but until I figure it out all I can say is that right now I have a pounding headache and a fear of bending over.

No comments:

Post a Comment