13 June 2010

"The Black Dahlia"

"The Black Dahlia" is a movie that unfortunetly I can't tell you too much about because I wasn't really paying attention. I made the mistake of watching this on Friday night after a very long week and not realising that it was one of those movies that you have to actually concentrate and watch.

What's the story about you ask, well that's a very good question, I wish I could answer it. What I did pick up was that it's set in 1946 USA. Josh Hartnett stars as a cop that is promoted to Detective after throwing a Boxing match. Along with his partner he takes on a case about a serial rapist. While investigating this case they come across another case - a the murder of a young actress.

Josh Hartnett stars alongside Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank and Scarlett Johanssen. All good actors, but not brilliant in my opinion. I just can't buy Josh Hartnett in this type of role. I can't begin to tell you why Scarlett Johanssen annoys me, but she just does. Granted, shes gorgeous, but what does she really offer as an actress?

This was a real murder mystrey that I'm sure, had I been paying attention, would be a great movie. Unfortunetly I wasn't in the right frame of mind to give it the time that it needed.

I say, watch it. Then tell me about it would ya?! Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment