09 June 2010

My Camera

I've always had a camera. Growing up I loved playing with Dad's SLR camera. I remember the day when I bought my very own film camera. I was 17 and it was one of the first things I bought with my very own, hard-earned cash.

When digital cameras started coming in I was very begrudging of them - nothing could replace film right?! Then in 2008 I stopped borrowing Dad's digital and bought my own compact digital camera, duty free on the way to Vanuatu. And I loved it!

In October I moved my compact camera to its new home - my handbag (it's surprising how often I need or want a camera on hand), and I bought my very own DSLR camera. (DSLR - Digital Single Lense Reflex). I bought it from Wellington Photographic Supplies store, which is undisputedly the best camera store in Wellington.

Tonight I FINALLY went and did the free "how to use your camera" class that comes with the purchase.The guys running the class were brilliant and very informative. They ran through a whole lot of the basics and some handy hints for getting the best use out of my camera.

And then to reel everyone in they were offering a 10% discount on any purchases bought that night. So, of course with today being pay day I did some shopping! I wanted to get one of everything, but of course had to rain myself in a little. I walked away with two new filters, photo clips, a macro lense and gold writable CD's for poto back-up. Plus I left me camera behind for a full clean - damn dust! I wanted to get the monopod, polarized lenses and card reader, but they will have to wait until my credit card is looking a little healthier.

I love my camera, and can't wait to get it back on Friday so I can do more playing with it now that I have a better idea of how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment