13 June 2010

Grans Norfolk Chicken

Tonight I made my Gran's Norfolk Chicken. Basically, a roast chicken. I'm not sure what actually makes it Norfolk, other than that's probably where it came from originally.

It was the first time that I really spent an afternoon cooking a roast and not just trying to do one on the sligh. I always thought that doing the roast was rather time consuming and difficult, but it's not. Ok, the actual cooking is time consuming, but it's not difficult. Even making the stuffing was pretty easy.

I did beans, potatoes, peppers, onions, carrots and garlic gloves as well. And gravy too of course.

There was four for dinner and I even got an approval from RC's 9yr old, that's the best kind.

I've come to the conclusion that I am good and doing the savoury stuff, not so much the sweet stuff. Check out the final products before they were gobbled up:

No comments:

Post a Comment