08 May 2011

Day 21: My biggest Fear

1. Spiders
I'm not sure where my fear of spiders comes from. I know it's completely ridiculous too. They are much smaller than I am, they are not going to hurt me and I am much more capable of harming them. However, they are creepy, black, crawly, fast and scary. I hate them being on me. I've had dreams about them causing me to leap out of bed and I've screamed like a little girl when they go racing under my door. I hate them.

2. Drowning or being stuck under water
When I was 8 we went to the swimming pool. I was on one of those foam mats in the kids pool with a whole lot of random children and the mat flipped. I was stuck underneath as all the children climbed back on. Probably not for too long, but I remember being under there and not being able to find my way out and thinking that I wasn't going to get out before I drowned. And I paniced. Ever since then I've had this underlying fear of being stuck under water or drowning. As a result I don't really like boats. I always worry that they might flip and I'll be stuck (I've watched Titanic once - that was enough for me!) and I'll drown. It's not a crippling fear at all, I'll go on boats, but it's not something I'd choose to do. I love to swim, so it's not the water as such, just the fear of being stuck and not being able to get out again.

3. Not having children
Fairly self explanatory I think. I really do think that one of the greatest things I am meant to do is be a mother. It's something I've wanted ever since I was a child myself and more so with every year that passes. To not have children would be terrible for me. I'm sooooooooOOOooooo excited about being an Aunty soon, I can't wait to be able to give him some cousins. Hopefully it won't be a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment