06 May 2011

Day 19: Family


My Family
(Christmas Day, 2010)
The only one missing is Sixteen.
Even my nephew is in this picture, you just can't see him.

Rather than tell you all the normal info about my family, You know the stuff that you already know about my family (like, I'm the oldest, Mum lives in Australia now). Boring! Here's some 'other' facts about my family you might find interesing:

* Mum is 'that' lady that cut the cord off the TV one time. She's famous in Tawa because of it.

* We almost moved to Christchurch when I was 8yrs old.

* The first time I saw my Dad's parents in the same room was at my brothers engagement party.

* My parents bred Burmese Cats before I came along.

* My Grandad won a bravery medal during WWII.

* Gran is the only person I know that can flip a pancake in the air and catch it perfectly again.

* I get my cocoa allergy from my Gran.

* On my Aunts first solo babysitting adventure with me, they fed me the dog food for dinner by mistake.

* Every third child in the world is Chinese, that's why my sister is named 'Lee'.
(That's not true, but I like to tell people it is.)

* Lee and I often get asked by strangers if we're twins. Lee always says "No, which one do you thinks older?!"

* We often went on family vacations to Waiheke Island, Masterton, Taupo or Waikanae Beach.

* Every Christmas you have to give someone some sort of bubble appartus. There's a cupboard full of all the wands, mixtures and accessories.

* Lexi and Lee went to a different primary school than I did.

* The family has a field (yes a field) in Norfolk, England. I frolicked in the field when I went there in 2008. I had too, it's a field!

* For about 7 years we had Sunday night family dinner at Mum & Dad's house. It continued on even after Mum and Dad divorced.

* I have just three cousins - all male and all younger than me. Julian, Carl (both 20) and Ben (22).

* The next generation is due 11 July.

* We had a Dalmation named Daisy. She used to crash in to the walls as she chased the cats around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment