03 May 2011

Day 16: My Favourite Music

Almost everyone I know loves music. They know the words to songs, as in all the words. They can tell me the meaning of songs and they can hum or sing the song without any reference.

I don't know if it's my bad hearing or what, but I've never been in love with music. If I like a song it's because the tune is catchy. Every now and then I'll know the songs to part of a song because it's been played on the radio about a hundred times.

I own an ipod for three reasons. 1. If I ever need to sleep somewhere noisy (an airplane for instance) I block out the noise with music. 2. I get bored if I go for a walk without something to listen too. 3. It's more convienent than using my CD discman for reasons one and two. I recently bought a new ipod (the old one suffered an unfortunate smashing incident) and can't imagine that I'll be filling up the space anytime soon. Oh, I just thought of a 4th reason - I like to sing a long to songs while cooking and John has an ipod dock - very cool accessory if I do say so myself.

I've been to concerts, but not many. I just can't handle the loud, thumping music. That and I think I probably get a little claustraphobic in those things. I've seen Robbie Williams (he was the size of a lego man from my spot in the crowd), Matchbox Twenty (the only band I've ever travelled out of town to see), Joshua Kadison (I was 14yrs old ok) and I think that's about it.

So who do I listen too?! Mostly pop stuff that's on the radio. I love Glee and get their CD's (please don't hurt me). And I get a few songs off iTunes. I like stuff that I can sing along too. For a much better idea check out my fave playlist:

* Light Surrounding You by Evermore
* Fuckin Perfect by Pink
* On the Radio by Regina Spektor
* Valentine by Rock Star Supernova
* Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
* Follow Me by Uncle Kracker
* Wherever You Will Go by The Calling
* Warwick Avenue by Duffy
* When The Weather Is Fine by Thirsty Merc
* All Star by Smash Mouth
* Real World by Matchbox Twenty
* Catch My Disease by Ben Lee
* We're All In This Together by Ben Lee
* One Week by Barenaked Ladies
* Colourful by Rocco DeLuca & The Burden
* I Do by Gin Wigmore
* Sorry by Buckcherry
* The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti & Spearhead
* Fuck You by Cee Lo Green
* The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment