07 August 2010

Women's Expo

This afternoon VR and I went to the Women's Expo at the TSB areana. I've been hearing about the Women's Expo for months now as the consultant's at work have been planning their stall for what seems like forever. I like expo's generally - I never miss the Food Show - but I have gone off them alot since being a consultant and expo's meant work!

I haven't spent much time with the girls recently and was reminded of this fact a few weeks ago. So in an effort to be a better friend I agreed to go on a girls outing to the Women's Expo. It ended up being VR and I as all the other girls had work to do or drinking to get prepared for. I didn't reallllly wanna go, but thought I would anyway. And to my surprise we had a good time.

$10 entry fee was pretty small compared to other expo's, so that was a good start. VR's plan is to do a swoop of the entire expo and then double back and have a better look at each stall.

I found my workmates squireled away in the far back corner, handing out brochures like every other stall owner. I had a good chat, but was mighty pleased I didn't have to stay for hours on end.

I quickly made a realisation that stall's fell into one of three groups. Group 1 - Stalls that were selling a product. Group 2 - Stalls that were giving away information. Group 3 - Stalls demonstrating a service. And almost all the stalls had some sort of competition or raffle to enter. Some sort of "Give me your contact details and I may give you a voucher to spend at my store" type form. I was determined to win something - I never win anything!

We ended up coming home with some grating plates, sticky rollers, a necklace and more brochures and business cards then I knew what to do with. Most of which went straight in the bin when I got home. Plus, a voucher for a free eye lash shaping and tinting, possible lush lashes (lash extensions) and VR signed herself up to host a Prenzel party.

After 2 hours we left, having had a much better time than I had anticipated. Yay.

And when I got home I waited for the rain to stop, then went to take more photos in the garden:











No comments:

Post a Comment