09 August 2010

Hey body, What's up with you?!

I left work early on Friday afternoon as I was feeling under the weather. I wasn't sick as a dog or anything, but just generally feeling run down. I have a dead tooth that occasionally gets it's roots infected. Unfortunetly it's not usually until I've been generally unwell for several months that my teeth start to hurt and that's when I go to the dentist. As soon as I start getting sore teeth I head straight to the dentist. Oddly though after an afternoon of relaxing my teeth feel fine.

Today, the longer I sat at my desk the worse I felt. I had stomach cramps, period cramps, and a headache as well. To top it off I was twiddling my thumbs a little and this just makes it so much more obvious that I'm not feeling well.

Interestingly, last night and this morning something happened to me that I've never experienced before. Last night when I had turned off the light and was lying in bed I could "see" a patch of dark light that moved whenever my eye moved. I was a little freaked out at first, thinking it was some sort of ghost come to attack me in my slumber. Once I turned on the light again, I realised it must be my eye, not a ghouly ghost. Then this morning I was feeding the cats and my right eye flickered. You know how when a prisim catches the sunlight and shards of light scatter around the room? Well, that's what my right eye did with silver light for about 5-10 seconds. Never happened before.

Last night I had an incredibly painful sinus on my left side. It came on so quickly and it was so painful. JP held my head and massaged my sinus with deep pressure, which relieved it quickly thank goodness.

I've also had lot of hayfever flare ups over the last few months. I'm not sure, but I think it's the mild winter paired with my recent foray into gardening.

So, I think I need to do two things. 1. Go see my GP. I want a review of the hayfever medication and a good look at my hearing, head and sinus. And 2. I need too take a holiday from work. I need to de-stress and relax a little bit. I don't remember the last time I felt 100% and that's indicitaive of needing to make some changes. And the first one can be taking a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment