18 August 2010

Exercise

Soooo. . . exercise has never been something I'm good at or that I gravitate too. But I need to do some form of exercise that's for sure. I can alter my diet but if I don't exercise then the diet's not going to do much help now is it?!

Once I joined a gym and really enjoyed it, until I was stalked by one of the trainers (but that's a story for another post). It was the treadmill that I enjoyed the most. Since getting rid of my membership I haven't really done too much of anything. I always plan on going for a walk but never get round to it. Same with swimming.

I decided to get some sort of exercise machine that I could use at home. I had decided to get a treadmill until I heard that Wii's were on sale at The Warehouse. Everyone I've spoken to about the Wii Fit programme has said that it's great and lots of fun at the same time as excercise. So I got a Wii. . .

I've never owned any type of gaming console before, so I had no idea what I was doing. JP set it all up for me (yay for male flatmates/best friends) and I just had to hit GO. And, it's so much fun!

I'm great at bowling, baseball and boxing. But kinda sucky at the tennis and golf. I also bought the Wii Fit Plus programme that comes with a balance board. It has yoga, training exercies, aerobics and balance exercises. It records my weight and balance, gives me the 'ideals' and I can set a goal for myself that it will encourage me to meet.

The activities are great. There's hula hooping, step classes, jogging, balancing on an iceberg and more and more and more. It's so much fun that you forget you're exercising.

The console adds up all the minutes that you are doing actual exercise and celebrates when you get to 30 minutes. At 35 minutes it even tells you it's time for a break.

And best of all, I can add my two cats to join me in Wii land. Super cute!!

As long as I keep up with a daily routine of enjoying this new toy I should do well. If not, then I'm sure the little Wii programme will tell me all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment