21 August 2010

Titahi Bay Beach

This morning JP and I took advantage of the sunshine and went for a walk along Titahi Bay beach. I took my camera along so that I could play with the macro lens and the rock pools. JP came along as my trusty assistant and to give his sore back some exercise. It wasn't cold at all and the water even looked rather inviting. Next time I think I'll take my togs just in case.

I took 363 photos in total, so I won't show them all. I used the macro lens for most of the walk but did switch to my 200m zoom for the walk back. I must remember that the bigger picture is often just as interesting as the small picture.


The tractor is used to tow the boats into the water. I like the composition of the red tractor, blue boat sheds and green hill. I also really liked the old "Titahi Bay" sign on the shed too.



The rocks are really beautiful when you look at them artistically.


When you look closely there is a lot of splashes of colour at the beach.



This was the most interesting thing we found in a actual rock pool. Unfortunetly there were no little crabs or fishes, but there was this skeleton leaf.



The obligatory shell shot.



This beautiful purple flower was growing right beside the beach. If it was a completely still day I might have been able to get it a little clearer. As it is I think it's one of my new faveourite macro shots.



The sand banks remind me of family holidays at Waikanae beach where we would walk along and push the sand into the river. I must go back for a visit and get some more great shots.



He plunges into the sea with the boat in tow. . .
 . . . and proceeds to get himself stuck.



Where do you leave YOUR tractor?!



Perhaps its the throne for the King of the Beach.



I really like this one. JP was standing up on top of the concrete barrier singing "I'm the King of the castle and you're a dirty rascal" while I take photos of him. I love the angle, the brilliance and vastness of the sky and the contemplation on his face.



Then he walks along the ledge and it made for a interesting series of photos.



No trip to the beach would be complete without spotting a seagull or two and we found a whole flock bathing in the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment