22 April 2011

Day 5: Inspiration

When I pick up my camera it's usually because I've been inspired by an idea for a great photo. I can see the final photo in my minds eye. More often than not that idea is just the starting point. I don't often manage to achieve exactly what I was thinking of, but something close, or much much better.


Sometimes I'm inspired just to take my camera along with me and see what I find. Once I take that first shot, I can't put the camera down again.

New experiences and colour inspire me to take hundreds of shots. Yes, hundreds! I love capturing those moments that are so full of life, love and laughter. Moments that are unbelievable and moments that are precious for just being moments.


I love to capture those unplanned moments, the unposed ones. I think they are so much more 'real' than posed ones. These moments inspire me to photograph more and to do and learn more and more.


I'm inspired by other talented photographers. From amatuers to professionals. I've found lots of photography blogs over the last year. Many host weekly photography challenges. Entering them is inspiring and very empowering. It challenges me to think beyond my comfort zone and try new things. Other entrants visit and leave very encouraging comments, which is not only ego boosting, but inspiring for next week and the next challenge. Here are some blogs I regularly read and find very inspirational:


Photography has surpassed my passion for painting which I haven't done for some time now. But, the paints and canvas are still here and I still look at them every now and then. I don't doubt that one day the inspiration to paint again will hit me, but for now, I'm definetly an inspired Photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment