15 May 2010

Workmate Dramas

I work with 1 male and 7 other females in my office. This week was NB's last week :( She gave 10 weeks notice and her last day finally came around yesterday. It was a bit surreal really and won't really feel like it's happened until Monday when she's not at team meeting!
NB is on a plane to Auckland today to spend a week with her family before going on her big OE. She'll end up in London, living the Nanny life, and we have very tentative plans to spend a white chirstmas together next year.
NB and I have worked together for a while - just over a year. She was my partner in crime vs EM & ND with the whole "Snowy goes travelling" escapade. hehehehe
We will surely miss her booming voice, her stories and her ability to fix anything (and I do mean anything!). GOOD LUCK NOMES!!

Last night we had a party at the office, open to all our Nannies and Families. It was a "Farewell NB/Meet the team/Come see the new office" party all rolled together and we had a great turn out. EM did the food - as she always does. We have diagnosed her with "OPD - Obsessive Party Disorder". You have to just let her do it and INSIST on being given jobs to do because she'd rather do it all herself.

The other workmate drama this week was when our one male colleague had a little "personal" problem requiring medical opinion. All that's totally fine, but he can't lie, or not tell someone the truth when they ask, and the rest of the woman in my office are mothers and very inquisitive. So, I heard the whole damn saga, and the problem, and the medical diaganosis coming from my other workmates.
I made myself some little signs to hold up. One says "No" and "Go Away" on each side, the other has "Yes" and a smiley face. Needless to say the "Go Away" sign was being used ALOT this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment