30 May 2010

Found: One Inner Domestic Goddess

Yes that's right, this weekend I found my inner Domestic Goddess. I knew she was in there somewhere, just lurking around in the pit of my stomach, or left knee cap, I'm not sure which. This weekend she spewed forth and took over the stronger Procrastinating Lazy & Relaxing gene that I also posess in much larger quantaties and that tends to come alive at weekends.

My inner Domestic Goddess spent Saturday battling the pouring rain to do some shopping. And not the fun kind of shopping (oh, who am I kidding, all shopping can be fun!). I'm not a fan of supermarket shopping (too many crowds getting in my way), but I went by myself, with a list in hand and rather enjoyed wondering up and down the aisles, looking at everything. I stopped in at Moore Wilsons to get the more obscure things on my list. I also bought gardening gloves and new sheets. See, inner domestic goddess was in full control even while shopping.

Then today, it would be save to say, that the washing machine and dryer have not had a break all day. I've washed and dried alllll the towels, bedding and clothes I could get my hands on. I've cleaned the kitchen from hobs to tiles, and even rearranged the benchtops.

I've made my very first attempt at homemade hummus - it's soo easy! and it even tastes pretty good too if I do say so myself. My luck did run out on the coffee and rum sponge cake though. It didn't cook all the way to the bottom, so now it's more like coffee and rum sponge goo. JP says we can still eat it - how noble of him.

And while I type this for you I'm standing in the kitchen watching over the rice JP is cooking (those of you that know, will be very grateful that I'm not attempting to cook rice again after the last fiasco), and the pork belly and garlic ciabatta bread that are in the oven. I best be off, my inner domestic goddess is insisting that I cook the veges before the rest of the dinner is done.

I do suspect that the inner domestic goddess is going to disappear again, long before the washing that is overflowing in the laundry is folded. Oh well, maybe she'll reappear next weekend and fold it then?!

No comments:

Post a Comment