02 May 2010

"27 Dresses"



The next movie in Alphabetical Movie Night was "27 Dresses". One of mine obviously. Tonight I sat down to watch this typical romantic comedy with JP and my Dad who's down for a few days. JP still has a touch of the man flu, but I know he's feeling better because this afternoon he doused me in lynx deodarant when I told him he stinks.

Anyway, back to the movie. . . Katherine Hiegl is not my favourite actress, she can be talented, I've seen her in some great stuff, but I've seen her flop in others - "The Ugly Truth" for example. Although, I do wonder if it was the writing or direction because it's just not good. Anyway! Wrong movie. . .

Ok, 27 Dresses; It's your typical chick flick. Girl meets boy, boy likes girl, girl likes other boy, they get mad at each other and then at the end realise they love each other and they live happily ever after. This movie is all built around the idea that Jane has been a bridesmaid 27 times and Kevin is a reporter that is covering her sisters wedding (to her boss, who she's in love with). Kevin publishes a story about Jane being the ultimate "bridesmaid, never a bride", forcing Jane to face her fears and standing up to people, all leading her to leap across a bridge onto a moving boat (crazy!) to tell Kevin that in actual fact she loves him and not her boss after all. awwwwwwww. blech!

I think I like this movie because 1. It has James Marsden and Edward Burn in it. Both great actors and not to bad on the eye either. 2. It does have some witty one liners throughout the movie, although not nearly enough of them and 3. It has weddings in it. I confess, I'm a bit of a wedding feind. I've always loved weddings, have been a bridesmaid twice and loved it. So I enjoyed watching all the crazy wedding stuff more than the movie itself.

Overall, a good Sunday night chick flick for those of you that like chick flicks. And, Boys, You'll earn some brownie points for sitting through it with your girl.

Next movie?! "30 Days of Night". Hmmmmmmm I've been told it's scary. But kind looking forward to it, because my sisters partner did some work on it - so at least I'll be able to say "I know someone that worked on it". hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment