24 May 2010

Seriously Family, what's up with you?!

It's times like this that I really understand why I call my blog "My life is a soap opera". I was talking to BAH late last night over gmail chat and he said "there's always something with your family". This morning when EM asked how my weekend was and I just looked at her and said "fine", she was able to say "What has your family done now?"

In the grand scheme of things it's not the biggest drama that my family has faced over the last few years, in fact it's pretty minor when I think about it. My dear old Gran is in hospital tonight for her second night in a row. She was taken in to A&E early yesterday morning with bowel problems. It's a suspected bowel infection or something equally delightful, but they still aren't sure so they are keeping her until they know.

I went to visit around lunch time yesterday, mainly to take my Aunt GA some food and to see if they needed anything from home. I went to their place to get GA's book and Gran's glasses and handbag. When I returned I had a chat with Gran while GA went for a brief recess.

I've told her not to worry about missing 'Shortland Street' as she'll be able to keep an eye on her very own hospital drama now that she's staying in a room right outside the main desk area. That's where all the major drama unfolds isn't it?! I've told her I expect a full drama update when I visit tomorrow (assuming she hasn't gone home by then?!). She seemed to find that amusing. Who knows if she'll remember?!

No comments:

Post a Comment