28 September 2010

Visit to A&E

After exactly 29 years and 6 months I broke my no-hospital streak. I have never been treated in hospital or stayed over night (apart from when I was born and I think that doesn't count).

Last night JP MADE me go to the hospital. How? He told my mother on me!

Ever since Saturday night I've had this really bad stich like paint in my left size. It comes and goes and neurofen is definetly my best friend to kill it off for a while. It's kinda like sharp pain that stabs me in the side for a while. Breathing deeply and coughing aches. I think the defining symptom for JP was that I started crying before taking more neurofen.

Mum came up and took me to A&E at Kenepuru. We had to wait about 40 minutes but it was kinda nice to have some time to catch up with mum after not seeing her for a few weeks. She showed me her holiday pictures and told me all about her holidays.

The nurse wanted a urine sample, but I'd just peed while I was waiting, do had to drink a lot of water and do a little jiggly pee dance.

Turns out that I have a bladder infection and it's likely that it's affecting my kidneys and that's what's making my side so sore. When we left I went to pay and the lady behind the counter that had 'checked me in' asked me for the third time if I had a community services card. I said "No, but I have a Whitcoulls card, would that work" and she didn't find me funny! how rude. Mum did tho and had to stop herself from laughing.

So I've got some antibiotics and need to go get my prescription filled this afternoon. I'm glad that I have a possible diagnosis. If it's not the bladder infection then it could be respitory and hayfever related, so will have to go back to the doctors. I've taken the day off work to give myself a chance to get some rest and hopefully kill off this infection.

2 comments:

  1. SO my shut up and take nurophen wasn't the answer. . . . opps.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't tell me to shut up :) Neurofen definetly helped me so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete