16 January 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I LOVED the prompts for this weeks scavenger hunt and spent most of the week coming up with ideas, so having to pick just one shot for each has been a challenge! I took advantage of the stunning summer weather this weekend to bring you these awesome shots:

(unfortunetly due to what I'm calling "The great computer catastrophe of 2010" I have lost the best resizing tool I've always used, so the shots are much smaller than I normally would display. Fingers crossed I get my computer back to normal soon. . . )

1. A Different View

John, Rachel, Lu and I went blueberry picking and took our togs so we could take advantage of the swimming hole boasted on the farms website. But we had a little trouble locating the "swimming hole this way" sign, so John went running through the grass in search of the river. Here he is searching for a "different view" of the river than the non-existent one we had.

2. Looking Up


That evening I was sitting on the floor reading the newspaper and all of sudden there was squeling coming from the couch. I picked up my camera from beside me and peeked around the corner to see the two of them play fighting on the couch. I caught this shot of them giggling before they started the next round of fighting. I love the shot because of the angle I was at and from the giggle you can see in Lu's face.

3. Abstract

Today I finally took down my christmas tree. I love my christmas tree and I haven't wanted to take it down, but today it was time. Of course I used my macro lens on some of the decorations first to come up with some really interesting abstract shots. This one is a sequined star.

4. Hair

Meet Bunker. The hairiest cat in the house. Or more to the point, the cat that molts the most. It may be that his hair is blonde and therefore more noticeable, but even so, it gets EVERYWHERE!
5. Half

I had so many ideas for this prompt, but this shot was never it. I took this this morning when John was making blueberry pancakes. I liked the symmetry of the shot and the simpleness of it. It wasn't until I was loading them on the computer that I noticed that it was half a pound of butter, half a litre of milk, eggs broken in half and (trust me here) half the blueberries in the bag are now in the pancake mix. Pretty good on the halfs I say (and the pancakes were delicious!)

7 comments:

  1. Awww. Your kitty cat is so cute and great HALF shot. Pancakes ... yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Half, half, half, half" picture has an indescriptible charm ;). I also like very much the colours and layers of the first photo.

    Thanks for your comment at my blog.

    Uriel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your looking up & abstract shots...great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - I love the first shot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair shot is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooooove your abstract!!! and the kitty shot makes me want to snuggle up and give eskimo kisses to your furball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is your "A Different View." Love it!

    ReplyDelete