30 January 2011

My life REALLY is a soap opera!

It's weekends like this that reinforce my decision to title my blog "My Life Is A Soap Opera". I'm just going to give you a brief rundown because, well, I'm tired and I have to go to work tomorrow.

On Thursday night Mum was taken to A&E in Wgtn because she had terrible pain in her ankle. Turns out that the virus she's had recently made it's way in to her blood stream and developed septic arthritis in her ankle. She had surgery on Friday afternoon. Lee and I visited on Friday night and she was all doped up (she couldn't keep her eyes pointing in the same direction).

Saturday afternoon it was clear that she was going to be remaining in hospital while waiting for surgery on her knee (where the infection now is), but it was delayed due to the massive 4motorbike vs 1car accident on SH1 just past Tawa. Lee and I decided to cancel the bridal shower scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Mainly because it was Mum's thing and we didn't want to do it without her. That meant I had to call all of Mum's friends and all the family to explain the situation. Luckily I have wonderful girlfriends and a quick text message to them was all that was needed - thanks girls!

Meanwhile my cousin lays a few home truths on my Aunty on Saturday afternoon, only to have her spiral in to self dispair and in need of some attention, causing her to take a pill overdose on Sunday morning and then promptly calling my cousin to tell him. Of course now she's in A&E.

Lee and I went shopping for wedding shoes and a few bits and pieces, then to visit Mum. While they are in the same hospital I had no inclination to visit my Aunt. Sounds calous I know, but this is not the first time by any stretch of the imagination that she has done this and frankly, my sympathy levels are hovering around zero at the moment. I'm in a 'no-bullshit' zone right now and that just falls way out side the limits.

So there you have it. My life really is a soap opera!

No comments:

Post a Comment