06 January 2011

Postcrossing


Check out this link! It's the website that I keep raving about. The one where you sign up, send postcards all around the world and then you get them in return. It's pretty cool.

Since I signed up I've sent almost 20 cards and recieved 10. I've set up a large pinboard in the spare room with a map of the world. I'm using large pins to pinpoint where I've recieved cards from and small pins to pinpoint where I've sent cards too.

So far I've sent and recieved mainly from Europe, with Finland of all places being the most frequent. I've also had a few in and out of USA, Canada and China. I'm hoping to get some South America ones on the board soon, but I'm not sure how into it they are there. Fingers crossed anyway :)

It's pretty fun, and if you're like me and enjoy postcards then you really can't go wrong. It's also a great way to learn about other cultures. I've sent several to children that have been signed up - I think that's pretty cool.

Anyway, check it out. It doesn't really cost that much (you can get cards at the $2 shop) and it only costs $1.90 to post a postcard anywhere in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment