18 January 2011

New Year Resolutions

Hands up those of you that make New Year Resolutions and then forget about them by the time February rolls around?! Yep, I hear ya. BUT, so far I'm doing ok on mine.

1. No more than one takeaway night each week.
Update: day 18 of the year and John and I have had only 1 takeaway dinner. 1! We've been doing so well with eating healthier and makin all our own meals. We did completely run out of food by the weekend, but the good thing about that? we ate all the food we bought, didn't waste any and nothing that had to be thrown out on rubbish day. Yay us. :)
2. Pay off my credit card and reduce the limit.
Update: I'm working on this. I've cut my spending (aka splurging) right down and feeling pretty good about it. At the moment I have a lot of things to spend my money on - legititmately (eg: Lee's wedding, flights to Oz, new clothes - honestly, I NEED new pants, it's beyond a joke.)

3. Get a health checkup from the doctor (I'm thinking of going Gluten free, and I need to get my bung foot sorted too).
Update: Ok, so honestly, no progress here. I'm still thinking that this is a good idea, but haven't made any firm plans. I really can't afford the cost of a visit unless it's urgent at the moment. So this one's on the back burner for now. (I have a whole year to get these resolutions done ya know!)

4. Blog more regularly than I have been recently.
Update: As you will have noticed this has been a hard one to maintain. I'm blamining it on a laptop that was kaput until a few weeks ago. Plus I've had a few issues with blogger. Tonight I wrote (and saved) a long post on blueberry picking. But the photo upload link is broken, so that post will have to wait until it's working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment