21 January 2011

Exhaustion at work

I'd rather be exhausted than bored.

This last week has been sooooooo busy. In the East team ( I work in the West team) the woman that does the same job as me broke her leg in several places and is off work until end of Feb. So my counterpart in my team is working over in East four days a week until then. So I'm covering two teams (Upper Hutt and West) plus supporting Linda's half of West and the team while Linda covers the East team and does as much of her West work as possible. Supporting 120 Families on our network is considered 100% capacity. My normal workload is 145 Families. I'm now supporting 224 Families. Yep, I'm busy.

Plus it's generally a pretty busy time of year anyway - lots of new leads (yay) and lots of things prep work happening for the year. So needless to say that there is now ALOT of work for me.

As I say all of this I do know that without a doubt I'd much rather have all of this work and be super busy than sitting at my desk saving work to spread out over the day and twiddling my thumbs for the rest of it. That's what I've been doing for the last six months and I'm totally over it. Now that the load has increased dramatically I'm too busy to be bored and I'm enjoying my job again. I think I like being the only CSA too. Seems a bit stupid, but that's the way I am :)

Now you can see why I'm exhausted right?! This afternoon I really had to keep my eyelids open with my fingers and was almost asleep at my desk. But I'd much rather have five frantically busy days and be exhausted, than have five slow bored days.

Thank goodness Monday is Wellington Anniversary Day and I don't have to go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment