19 November 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Yes, I'm early! I've been playing around with different photo edits of old photos for this weeks selection. So here we are:

1. The View Above
Each year the Cuba Street Carnival is a very festive and exotic carnival, and it's so very colourful! I just love, love, love the bright, colouful flags that are strung between buildings all down the street.

2. Something Hot
A hot chocolate that was molded to look like it's recipient, one wintery afternoon.

3. Something Cold

This is one of my faveourite photos ever, for a couple of reasons. 1. It's a self-potrait which I'm not too fond of taking generally but I love this one. 2. It shows me in the snow - probably the first and last time I'll every go to the snow and 3. It's just a good photo :)

4. Electronic

The sandwich press is kept extremely clean (can anyone say 'paranoid'?!) and shiny apparently. So shiny that it's a mirror. I love finding art in everyday objects :)

5. Sparkle
I have a gorgeous crystal that hangs in my window most days, but one day I had it hanging by the wall. When the sunlight hit it in the afternoon it created the most beautiful patterns and 'sparkles'  on the wall.

17 comments:

  1. lol I kept looking for your sandwich maker and couldn't see it at first other than the lead - what a reflection! I think your snow one is fab for something cold you look as if you were nice and warm inside that big hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shots this week. I could not figure out what the electronic shot was. I love capturing reflections in everyday objects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those coloured flags are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your view from above looks like something out of LIFE magazine! And your hot is so funny. I for sure felt cold just looking at it!! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first photo is so colouful and glorious! Lovely! I love the effect on the sparkle one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that street carnival shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat shots! Can you come over and clean my sandwhich maker like yours? Haha! Neat flags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome - each and every one of them but I really love your view from above. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first one! LOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your View Above is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that beautiful carnival picture. I bet that is just amazing to view in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The view above is fantastic!! love the flags! Your cold shot is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shots! I love the view above and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the view from above! The sparkle shot is also really unique.

    ReplyDelete