11 November 2010

Macro Friday


Photo challenges have challenged me to become more creative (if that was possible) and to photography items and use styles and techniques that I normally wouldn't use. For another challenge I needed to find something orange to photograph.

Now, I hate the colour orange, which is really annoying because that's the main colour of the company I work for, anyway I digress. . . I was sure that the beautiful russian babushka (sp?) dolls had an orange one in the middle.

I try to use natural light whenever possible, so I set up the dolls outside on the path where I discovered how beautiful and colourful they all are. This is the very first shot I took. I did a lot more macro shots of individual dolls and of the set, but this one shows all the beautiful colours and the contrasting lines of the dolls versus the path. And, I love that it's focal point is the littlest doll - so cute!

I'm linking this photo up to Macro Friday as well. For more beautiful Macro shots from talented photographers around the world, check out http://www.bloggingfrombolivia.com/

8 comments:

  1. I love nesting dolls, they are so adorable. Great image…very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful nesting dolls! Great idea for a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a totally fascinating macro capture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic - great idea! What gorgeous dolls as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great, I love the depth of field, a lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the angle you used! You did a lovely job on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm popping over from Macro Friday...
    Beautifully done!
    You captured them very creatively.
    Love it.
    ~Michelle
    www.falafelandthebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted a set of nesting dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete