09 November 2010

Odd bits and pieces

The scavenger hunt sunday list for next week is :
1. Self-Potrait
2. Handmade
3. Orange
4. Candle
5. Traffic Signals or Signs.
So far, after a stroke of inspiration I've done the self-potrait and orange. Now for a little inspiration on the other three. . .

I'm enjoying the photo challenges that are out there. It's exciting and a little scary to share my photos with other photographers, but I'm finding that everyone is so friendly and offer great encouraging comments. It's really nice to get feedback and comments on my blogs (hint hint) and photos. Plus, I'm inspiried to get better and try new things to improve my skills.

After the long weekend I had a few days off (you well remember the five day to-do list!) and one of the things I did was go and visit Gran at her new home. We took a few happy snaps. Gran looked so happy and relaxed which was so awesome to see. She has a lovely, sunny studio room that is big enough to have lots of her own things. She took us on a tour of her new home and I wanna move in! It's like living in a hotel. There's a pool, spa, bar (with happy hour every day and cheap or free drinks!), lots of areas to sit and relax, pool tables, a library, a salon and a dining room. Gran gets morning tea, afternoon tea and dinner (at lunchtime), a weekly cleaner, fresh sheets and towels weekly and on call staff assistance if needed. Seriously, when can I move in?! (the answer to that is in 35 years and 5 months).


Wedding Planning has been on the back burner a bit for the last 6 weeks or so due to Lee needing to concentrate on finishing her degree. But we'll be back into it again this week with a big meeting planned for tomorrow night. While we have been laying low, we have managed to get the wedding invitations done. I was able to proof them and arrange all the envelopes and finished invites (with Dad's help) ready for writing and posting. Morgan, Lee, JP and I had a production line going on a Saturday night and managed to get them all written and ready in just a few hours. It all went smoothly, except for the few minutes when Morgan thought we'd gotten the address of the venue (his parents house) wrong. JP later commented that he wasn't sure who he was going to hold back first from attempting to kill him for not having picked this up during any of the 3 prior proovings. He very quickly called his parents and saved his own skin when they confirmed the address we had was correct. Invitations should be in the mail shortly - they just had a few addresses to get before popping them all in the post.

And now for a few recent piccies for your purusal:


These gorgeous purple flowers live just outside my bedroom window. I didn't notice until I was photographing it that the wee 'things' in the middle look like the symbol of my star sign - Aries.

This funky little red light is on the balcony at Moonson Poon where we went for dinner on Friday night. Yummy food and awesome decor.

And lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment