08 November 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Ok, so it's not Sunday, it's Monday. BUT technically it's still Sunday in the US, so I'm figuring I'm ok. I've discovered another photo challenge that I'm keen to participate in - Scavenger Hunt Sunday. Each week she gives out 5 items that you have to photograph that week and then post for everyone to enjoy. It was so much fun and I'm looking forward to next week to. Can anyone say "Heather has a new obsession"?!

1. Boo!


Ok, so let me justify my choice here. We hosted a 30th birthday party for my good friend on Saturday Night and she chose a "Rocky Horror Picture Show' theme. My camera was very well behaved until the birthday girl and her husband turned up as Clementine and Frank-n-Furter. Not only was I in hysterics, but it would appear my camera got a fright as well, as this is the only time that it over exposed the flash and I ended up with this SOOC shot. The fact that the camera itself was 'BOO'ed justifies the photo in my eyes :)

2. Black
Trying to photograph fireworks is as hard as it sounds! I love the contrast of bright flashing light against the black of night.

3. Texture

I do love my macro so! Especially when I have the patience to get so close to a dandelion.

4. Wet
This is Jet, my friend's dog on his first trip to the beach. Nothing screams wet dog like a good shake!

5. Language

I found Language to be the biggest challenge. That was until my flatmate and I played a game of scrabble. What on earth can I make with those letters?!



6 comments:

  1. Nice choice. I love the Texture.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Ramblings and Photos, how funny, I live in Wellington as well (Whitby, actually). Small world. Nice photos, love the texture one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, I tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't allow me for some reason. On the off chance that you might come back here, this is what I said;
    I think I'm about to make it a smaller world - I was just scrolling through your blog and saw the pic of you and your gorgeous wee poppit. Are you a PORSE Educator? I work in the Wgtn office and you look familiar.
    Probably doesn't make much sense if your not. Anyway, your photos are great - your wet pic is lovely, your daughter has such vibrant blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo's. Your texture and wet are wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've joined the hunt - your photos are so great! I really like your black shot and your wet shot is awesome...love the movement. I was going to follow but your follow widget thingie isn't working. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your texture shot, really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete