14 November 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I've just arrived home after a whirlwind trip to Auckland and I'm exhausted! I had a great trip up and a lovely day today hanging out with Dad. But, I just don't have the patience or brain capacity to edit any of my photos tonight. So all of tonight's offerings for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday are SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera for those non-photographers amongest my readers).

1. Self-Potrait
I'm not one to take self-potraits and cringed slightly when I saw it on the list this week. But then I got to thinking about using my beloved macro lens to capture the iris of my eye. It was an interesting experiement to say the least. I was fascinated with the window reflection and with the weird way my eyeliner looks after a long day at work.

2. Handmade
My Mum makes beautiful handmade quilts. I love the way the colours and patterns intersect to create a whole other piece of artwork.

3. Orange
I have a problem - I hate orange! I allergic to the fruit and I dislike the colour. Which is unfortunate considering the company I work for has Orange as one of their main brand colours. What on earth was I going to photograph to meet this challenge?! And then I remembered that the beautiful babushka (aka nesting dolls) I have have an orange one in the middle.

4. Candle
The first thing I think of when I think of candles is birthday candles. With a bit of editing I'd blacken the entire background. As it is, it's a typical family birthday photo :)

5. Traffic Signals or Signs
As I drove from Wellington to Auckland on Saturday I pondered the challenge of photographing traffic signals or traffic signs. At Waiouru I pulled off State Highway 1 in order to call my brother (who was in the area). I stopped in front of this sign that shows where I was - SH 49 - and how far to the next town, and behind it was a beautiful view of Mt Ruapehu. Very picturistic and very worthy of this challenge in my eyes.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heather - your mums quilt is a work of art - thats my favourite shot this week - the colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat photos! I really love the last one! What a view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The sign/mountain picture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs photo edit when you've got "the eye" to capture straight away! Those are great and I love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful. I love the last photo. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so good - I love how you've captured each prompt. I was going to follow, but it looks like your widget isn't working. I'll have to come back again soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots Heather, and nice to see another NZ'er taking part.

    I was unable to this week,no time, perhaps next week

    ReplyDelete