16 November 2010

Postcards

I've always loved postcards. Whenever I go away I send postcards to family and friends, and I ask the same in return, but it doesn't happen very often. Most people don't do it these days because "they'll be home before the postcard". But I don't care about that! There's something awesome about seeing a picture from a foreign place, a quick message from the sender, and not to mention some actual real mail.

Dad loves postcards too. He's started making postcards out of his paintings and photos. We've also started collecting the free postcards (usually used as an advertising tool for random products) from random places and sending them to each other. I keep them all and at the moment they are up on the cork board in the kitchen. But I have a sneaky plan for another way to display them.

I have stumbled across a website http://www.postcrossing.com/ which is my dream website! You register your name and address and then post postcards to random people all over the world that have also registered. Then other random people send you postcards! Awesome! I've signed up and already written my first 5 postcards to Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Taiwan & USA.

Did you know that it costs $1.90 to send a postcard anywhere in the world. Handy to know!

Now I just wait for the postcards to be recieved, registered by the reciever and then my name and address is given to someone to send a postcard to me. Very cool.

I'm planning on getting a world map and pin the places I send postcards too and the places I get them from.

Let the fun begin . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment