21 July 2010

Here's what I CAN tell you

It's true, I've been avoiding my blog. Why? Because there seems to be nothing of great interest happening. Or that that is happening is something I can't write about on here for fear of someone involved reading it.

Rock. Me. Hard Place.

I don't want to bore my readers with insignificant happenings, nor do I want to embarras or frustrate the people I might blog about or spill the beans. hmmmmm what to do, what to do.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah. . . Here's things I can tell you:

- It's a warm winter. It's been cold, but not freezing. It's rained on and off, but lets be honest it's been a pretty mild winter so far.

 - Lee & Morgan's engagement party is this Saturday and it's my brothers birthday tomorrow - so will be a weekend of celebrations.

 - I went to the Optometrist today for my yearly check up and the freckles on the back of my eyeballs are still the same and not growing - that's a good thing. So this evening I've been online and ordered three pairs of glasses for about $80 american and they should arrive in about 10 days.

- Last night I played my first ever game of scrabble. It's never really appealed to me, but JP suggested it and I actually enjoyed it. I'm not so good a thinking of words bigger than 4 letters, but I guess it comes with practise?

 - My car is making odd noises - I think it's either the wheel alignment or something else wheel orientated. I'll get Lex and Dad to take it for a spin in the weekend and get them to diagnose the problem for me.

 - We had the lawns mowed and now they look great. Coupled with the weeding I did with Mum a week or so ago the garden is looking much happier and prettier.

 - I went to the Trade Aid shop today and now I really want to buy one of the Kashmir Rugs that they have on display in their window (this is the Wgtn City store). They are about $140, so will think about it. I'm not sure where I'd put it seeing as I'm not sure where I'm going to put the persian rug from Gran. Perhaps my room?

- Sixteen's leg is getting bigger, but it's still not bothering him.

- I haven't done my goal setting for June or July for work yet. I need to get on to this, but haven't found the time. I'm thinking that I'll make a long term goal and then break it down to short term goals for the block (4 month periods), rather than try and do monthly goals.

- I picked Fresias and some other beautiful smelling flower from my garden about a week and a half ago and they are still smelling fresh and wonderful. It's nice to come home too.

 - I still want more jewellary. It's an obsession. I have over 100 necklaces' and 25 rings. But I love them all and I can't help but stop and browse the jewellary sections in shops.

 - I need to cut down my caffiene intake, carbohydrate consumption and possibly switch to a dairy free diet. I know I feel lighter and have more energy when I cut out the volume of carbs I eat. When I cut out dairy my hayfever isn't so bad. The caffiene thing is more about addiction. I have a lot of it and I love it. Maybe I'll save that one till last.

 - As of this Friday I have worked for my work for 3 and a half years. Which means my sick leave rolls over. That's about it really. I've been in a workplace longer than this (4 years is the longest), but this feels like such a major accomplishment. It's either the amount of work I've put in and crap I've put up with. Or it might have something to do with the fact that I resigned a year ago, but ended up staying and now it's a year later. Weird. One day I'll tell you that story.

- One of my faveourite authors is releasing a new book on 5th Aug - "The Empress of Ice Cream" by Anthony Capella. I can't wait. He writes great love stories and sets them in the past and surrounded by food. Amazing.

- I've been taking Vitamin C tablets (berry flavour not orange) and kinda enjoy the sweet berry hit each morning. I'm not sure that they're doing much good, but they can't be hurting so why not?!

 I could go on and on I've realised. But I won't. It's bed time for me and besides, I need something to talk about tomorrow! hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment