02 November 2011

Self Potraits

A post on the Mortal Muses website about movement being blurred, moved camera, moved object, bokeh etc had me thinking about new and artistic photos. Movement allows the non-perfect photo to be 'perfect' in it's own way.

Then there's Self Potraits. I've never liked taking my own photo. How do you take yor own photo? It seems to plain and boring to just sit in front of the camera and take a picture. Also, I'll be honest, I'm not at all confident about how I look on camera. My brother was blessed with the photogenic gene in our family, not me. Mortal Muses did another post on getting started with Self Potraits. Among the tips were things like, take pictures where not all your body is in the shot or use props to play a character or use movement to capture a photo.

I want to be able to take good Self Potraits, so it starts with practice right?! I set up my camera to take 3 shot after 10 seconds. Sixteen wanted in on the action, so I went with it. I love these shots that I got for two reasons. One, they are Self Portaits - as in, I did it! Two, they aren't perfect, they aren't focused and they aren't planned and that made it so much easier and much more fun to do.

What shall my next Self Potrait session be?!





2 comments: