13 November 2011

I feel like I turned a corner this weekend, for several reasons. Now, where do I begin . . .

The weekend marked the end of a two year run as the distance CSA for the Upper Hutt team (of course I'm talking about work here). The last few months with the UH team have been rather 'trying' to put it polietly. I spent the writing notes on every. single. family. file. I boxed up hundreds of files and office info to be shipped off to UH and Auckland where the new suckers, oops, I mean lucky new CSA's are based. I spent hours making sure that every single possible UH task was complete so that at precisly 5pm on Friday I got giggle like a mad man because I was free of the beast. And when 5pm rolled around, I did indead giggle.

Friday also marked the day my favourite bra snapped. All you blokes may wanna skip down to the next paragraph at this point. So yeah, wire broke. Bloody annoying. My workmate Anna had to assist with some surgery to make a whole in the side to get the damn wire out. I swear it was stabbing me to death, slowly, but surely. I had to go bra shopping yesterday, and contary to popular male believe, I, like lots of woman, do not enjoy bra shopping. After a good 20 minutes of umming and ahhing (and sending John off to look at books so he didn't have to look like a scared deer caught in the headlights that is the bra section of Farmers), I managed to find the exact same favourite bra. So, I bought it in black, white and purple. I had too, it was fate.

John and I ran lots of errands and all of them went according to plan, or even better. The guy at Repco not only sold me a windscreen wiper for less than $5, he fitted it for me too. Wicked. I bought mesh for my strawberry plants (which FYI have big fruit that is already ripening).

I even bought a new christmas tree. I had gone in thinking I'd get a black tree, and walked out with a white one. John had been threatening to paint a black tree green, but somehow we managed to compromise on a white one. I like it better and the icing on the cake? John wished we got a black one when Rachel suggested a black one was very 'goth-like' and he could have hung skulls on it. Of course how could I buy a christmas tree and now set it up straight away. Anna and Taylor popped around for a few cold beverages and helped me to set it up. Of course, all from the comfort of the armchairs while I did all the hard work.

Lu and Rach came over to make and deocrate a Gingerbread house while John cooked a delicious roast duck. Honestly, it was devine! Yum Yum. And after dinner of course gingerbread was on the menu for pudding. We all had some, which is why when we had breakfast and talked about what we dreamt about, it was super spooky that three out of the four of us had had really crazy dreams about really crazy houses. Very weird.

Today we went mini golfing and it was so sunny that I actually got a little pink. It must really be summer. I was doing fairly well until my golf ball had a mini tantrum and wouldn't get in the hole no matter how many times I smacked it. But he redeamed himself when he got a hole in one, of course it wasn't enough to save me from second place. John pipped me at the post with his consistent putting to take first place.

This afternoon John and I spent more time in the sun when we moved all the dead and rotting branches of the oak tree off the lawn and around to the garden cemetry. Hopefully now the lawnmowing man will come back and mow the lawns like we pay him to do. With the lawn cleared off and the sun shining, it did make us think it's BBQ weather. Cue BBQ party next weekend! - TBC depending on the weather this week, but that's the plan at the moment.

I did a lot and got a lot done this weekend, but I also made two choices. One to move on, one to move forward. Not going to say much more about them right now. Yep, you got a long story about bra shopping, but nothing about two big-ish revelations. That's just how it is. Shit just got real! (Funnier if you were around here this weekend, but even so. . .)

Have a great week folks. Fingers crossed it's a beautiful day on Saturday and we can have the first BBQ of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment