06 July 2011

The modern woman's guide to everything

I keep wanting to make a blog about something that isn't the typical "this is what happened today" post. When I was doing the 30 day challenge I had a prompt that gave me something to talk about. Now I have to think for myself. The horror of it all.

When searching for ideas for an interesting blog topic I turned to my bookshelf. I came across a book that my good friend Jo gave me a couple of birthdays ago, called "The modern woman's guide to everything." If it really is the modern woman's guide to everything it should be able to help me find a blog post topic right?! There was no 'blogging' topic or 'journaling' topic. hmmmm, but it said "everything" so I have a new idea.

When I can't think of a topic to blog about and "today in the world of heather" just isn't interesting enough, I'm going to pick a page at random from "the modern woman's guide to everything" and quote a paragraph or topic for you. Let's see what we learn. . .

Page 67 (because today is the 6th day of the 7th month) .   .   .

Body Lotion
After a shower, body lotion counters the drying effects of water and soap on skin, particularly if the water is fairly hot. There are many good body lotions on sale in supermarkets; sorbolene is excellent - and cheap. It's only worth going upmarket if you want a particular scented lotion. In fact, cheap versions in the categories of cleansing, exfoliating and body lotions can work just as well as expensive ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment