20 March 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I love Scavenger Hunt Sunday, each week the prompts give me something new to try and make me get out of my comfort zone. And now that I've got a little more spare time on my hands I can get back into participating each week. Yay!

1. Camera Phone


I don't own an iphone or any such gizmo, just an old cell phone that has a pretty basic camera built in. I'm an avid reader of Mortal Muses and they've been blogging about camera phones being perfect to capture those one-off, everyday memories and this is exactly what I caught when I was packing for a trip and my cat jumped into my suitcase in a galant effort to make me take him with me. So cute and so funny, but he wouldn't have stayed there long enough for me to grab my camera. Good thing I had my phone handy. It's not the most artistic and it's definetly not the best picture ever, but it captured the moment forever and that's what's important.

2. Camera


My 4 year old friend here loved learning about and using my camera. While most of what she took photos of was either exactly the same as the 20 before it, or involved her feet, she did have fun. And I got to take this gorgeous wee photo of her with my camera (from my compact camera that I keep in my handbag 'just in case').

3. Shoes


I didn't think my shoes were that interesting until my 4 year old friend spent hours playing dress ups with them.

4. Chair


I took this photo of my Mum and I love it, but I love how the chair works so well and makes the photo that much more interesting.

5. Imperfection


I did a photo shoot with these three yesterday at the beach. While it was a stunning day it was also windy, meaning we ended up with lots of these unusable photos (or imperfect ones if you will). These imperfect ones gave us some laughs and helped me to determine which photos were the 'perfect' ones. It's the imperfections in life that make life interesting, and it's the imperfections that allow us to recognise the perfections.

19 comments:

  1. Great shots...really LOVE the shoes shot, especially the capture of the movement - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! You're "imperfection" shot makes me long to be at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I love your camera shot. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and she uses my point and shoot every once and a while. We finally bought her a Discovery kids camera and she runs around taking pictures of everything.

    Love the beach shot of the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet post. The moment you caught with your phone is adorable. I wonder why cats love suitcases so much! The shots of your family are great too but I think my favorite is the one of your shoes. It's got some great motion and I think it's great in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the camera shot! SO cute! And your imperfection shot made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love your camera shot!!! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are darling shots. I love your camera shot too and the one of your cute floral shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great - I love that camera shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the camera shot is adorable... so precious :)


    http://www.ryanashleymaeve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning moment capture in the camera shot... she's so enraptured with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots. I think the camera one is my favorite. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The imperfection shots are turning out to be my fav this week, and it is my fav of your series, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, your photo for camera is absolutely adorable. Such a nice shot, it is breathtaking in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the camera shot, such a sweetheart, and what a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how I love your camera shot! I wish that I had captured something so winsome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots. My faves are camera and camera phone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful shots. That shot with the little girl with the camera is my favourite. I have a daughter who is four who does the same with mine. It's absolutely gorgeous and I would frame it for sure!

    And just in case you are interested, I'm hosting a new linkie at my site called Fabulous Friday. I'd love it if you would participate!
    http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabulous-friday-linkie-party.html

    ReplyDelete