04 October 2010

What a Weekend

What a beautiful, hot, sunny, relaxing weekend! Our internet at home is on the go-slow again so I had to find other ways to entertain myself, and I realised that I really get much more out of my days if I'm not in front of the comupter all the time. I really need to remember that when the internet is back on. Remind me ok?!

It started off with a lovely catch up with JD over drinks and dinner at the Roundabout. An old haunt in Tawa that we haven't been to much recently considering how much we used to frequent it (I'm have flashbacks to the days we would sit there for 8 hours at a time . . . )

Saturday morning JP, JD and I joined the rest of our friends at Monteiths in Paremata in order to help CR celebrate his new job and return to the IT world. It would seem that everyone was rather hungry as the amount of food ordered would have fed a small African nation. I was particualarly impressed with ES for ordering the Waffles with a side of sausages and both MW and JP for ordering the Big Breakfast with a side of Waffles! Every morsel was put away with great gusto.

On Saturday afternoon I sat in the sun on the deck and read through my first module for my photography course while simultanesouly sunbathing. It was glorious! Sixteen was very excited to be sitting in the sun with me despite being rather restless - I must admit it must have been really boring watching me read all afternoon.

That night JP and I played Scrabble. Which sounds boring, but it wasn't. I was doing really well until JP got "Queen" on a tripple word score and I just got angry. Enough of that, it was time to watch "Conan the Destroyer".

Sunday morning was a bit of a repeat of Saturday morning only this time I was brunching with Mum, Lee and Morgan at The Realm, Hataitai (are you singing the song right now?!) Mum's birthday was Saturday, but Lee works, so we did it on Sunday instead. They do a $5 brunch on the weekends and the meals are pretty decent sizes. We were able to have a mini wedding catch up, which started to freak Morgan out a wee bit, but hey, he's the groom!

Afterwards Mum and I went down to the quilt show in the hall of St Pat's in Kilbirnie. Sounds boring right? and for most of you that would be true, but my artistic eye rather enjoyed having a look through.

Sunday afternoon I came home to discover that JP had done the mammoth pile of dishes and even put them away. How big was this pile you ask? I had to feed the cats on plates, that's how big it was. What a good wee flatmate I have!

We went out to The Warehouse for a wee looksy. I wanted to hunt down the latest 'Glee' dvd and find some art supplies. Meanwhile JP and I found ourselves in the games section where we bought Adult version of Cranium, Candy Land, and The Great Mammoth Hunt. RC came over for the evening and we played games all night. It was soooo much fun!! Now we're thinking of having the gang over to play Cranium and other board games.

No comments:

Post a Comment