20 October 2010

Soup

Recently I've taken to buying cook books. I love reading them and always have the best of the intentions to cook so many of the recipes. I've made a few. I really should make more of an effort. Perhaps I should make a pact with myself to cook one recipe out of a cookbook each week. It might not sound like much to some, but it's alot to me.

I'm good at some things in the kitchen though. I'm good at soup. Tonight I made Potatoe and Leek soup. I have a pretty good reciepe and it's fairly easy. This time I didn't follow the reciepe as much as using up all the old leeks and potatoes that I had. And for that reason I think it may be a little to 'leeky'. I'll have to have some for lunch tomorrow to find our for sure.

Anyway, back to the cookbooks, I bought Jamie Olivers "Ministry of Food" cookbook which is a good read. It has simple, easy recipes that everyone should know and find really easy to learn. I have several ethnic food cookbooks as well as the Australian Woman's Weekly cookbook. It's another great one for learning basic recipes. I've used it to learn how to make polenta, hummus, cheese sauce and a fantastic roast dinner.

Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment