25 September 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday & Sweet Little Photo Swap

This week I had to do a little research on what the prompts for Scavenger Hunt Sunday really meant. In doing so, I was rather excited about meeting the challenge and I'm proud of what I manage to get in order to participate this week. I think the hunt has really given me what it's intention is - to challenge us and stretch our photography skills.

I'm also linking up with Sara for her Sweet Little Photo Swap. She saw my link here at Scavenger Hunt Sunday and kindly asked me to join in on her link too. How could I say no when someone asks you to join in cause they like your photography?! I'm stoked to be asked. Next time I'll do it's own post, but for now I'm linking up just like this, I hope that's all ok :)

1. Low Key
Low Key is a term I had to google. I wasnt' sure how to really set up a shot to achieve the 'low key' I desired, so I found this one in my archives and I think it works ok?!
It's of Lu at her birthday party in May, just before she blows out the birthday candles.

2. Monochromatic/Analogous Colour
I went with monochromatic colour. I had made lots of plans for different shots, but this one happend quite by chance when I was gardening yesterday afternoon. This is exactly why I always garden with my camera handy.

3. Circle

I love how well this turned out, it's so simple. It's a champagne flute with a black stalk and base.

4. Scarf
I wasn't too sure  how to make a scarf shot interesting until I flung it over the back of my door and focused on the tassles. Now I have hundreds of scarf shots to play with!

5. Phone
And once again I struggled to come up with an interesting way to photograph 'phone', until I decided that simplicity was the key.




 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. I love the snail shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images for this week's scavenger hunt. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DOF of the snail shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! Love your scarf and color! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have presented a beautiful collection - I'm really loving your monochromatic and circle shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your circle and scarf. Great composition

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that flute! I'm having a before/after editing link up tomorrow (Monday) and I'd love it if you'd join me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing set this week, Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very great job. You got fantastic shots for each prompt. That snail blends so perfectly in the sand. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set! I love your circle shot and the scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh SO happy that you linked up!! LOVE the photos and hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of photos. In particular i love the champagne glass and the snail photo. Cant wait to see next weeks additions.

    ReplyDelete