18 September 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I took all my photos today on our outing to the Island Bay Marine Centre. They are a small marine centre that opens for private functions and to the public once a month. For a $2 entry fee you can see and even touch the sea creatures. Our wee outing fit perfectly with this weeks Scavenger Hunt prompts.

1. Street Photography
The more I read about Street Photography, the more it appeals to me and my sense of photographic style. I love to try and capture those unplanned moments and what better medium than unsuspecting strangers, like this family here.

2. From a Distance
After the marine centre, Lu and John went rockpool exploring. I stayed back on the beach and watched.

3. Sunday
The marine centre has always opened to the public one Sunday a month, but over the spring/summer, they are open every Sunday. It was fantastic to see so many people, young and old, enjoying learning about the sea creatures in an interactive way.

4. Liquid
I was fascinated with this Octopus that was all curled up on the side of the tank. Not only are her tentacles very beautiful, but the bubbles made for a great photo too. Shame about the light reflection in the glass.

5. Behind
There's something about a ledge that makes every child want to climb it or walk along it. I followed along behind. I almost wish I'd gotten up there too.


11 comments:

  1. Love your liquid shot! Looks like a fun day! How fun to learn about and touch the marine animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your From a Distance shot...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your liquid and Sunday shot! What a cool thing for marine center to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love your liquid shot!! And your distance shot is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the liquid and from a distance shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so inspired by your photos today - the black and white conversions are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots. I just love your from a distance and sunday!! That octopus is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection. In particular I really enjoyed your street shot and your liquid shot.

    ReplyDelete