05 June 2011

Here I am again

Well, here I am . . . again. Australia.

I'm so glad I decided to book a short holiday for the beginning of the winter before I hit the 'I really need a holiday' mode. Because, last week, leading up to this break away I was tired, irritable and over it. Perhaps it was the need for a holiday, or the knowing that a holiday was on the way?

Anyway, I'm here in Australia again to visit Mum and the new family she has over here. Things are much the same as I left them in March, except that Mum now has her things here making it seem more like her home too, and it's colder, meaning I have all my warmer clothes, which the wee girls love because they now have a different set of clothes to try on. Yep, they love to play dress ups in my clothes. I decided it's cute, not depressing, that Jackie (4yrs) puts on my t-shirt and she calls it a dress because it hangs very loosely and down to her knees.

Last night we went for a walk down to the beach. The black clouds looked rather ominous, but there were dolphins in the water just 50 metres out and it was almost majestic.

Of course I was on the early flight over so by 7.30 I was done for. After a few rounds of 'tea parties' and story books it was bed time for me and the little girls.

Today we were up early to have breakie and Jackie insisted on being my hairdresser. I had my hair cut with imaginery scissors, coloured green with imaginery hair colour, and a large assortment of hair clips put in so I was very beautiful.

Now don't shoot me but the girls and I made cupcakes with the prepackaged cake mix stuff. Before you scoff, it's so quick that it holds their attention, it's very easy to supervise and allow them to do all the work and they taste great. I'm a fan.

The 40 lorakeets have grown in numbers, with a handful of regular baby rozellas. They seem to have no fear anymore and swoop down for a feeding when you appear at the door. Some a so brave as to come right up to the door.

We went to see if we could see the whales passing by the Crookhaven heads, but to no avail. I did manage to get some wicked pics of the waves breaking over the rocks tho.

Mum's belongings arrived in massive boxes, which the girls adored playing in outside. Jackie loved to hide inside  and jump out. She was a "Jackie in the box". After a wee tiff with her sister Jessie curled up inside one for a snooze, or so I thought. She managed to hear very clearly when we started the bonfire and toast some marshmellows.

I'm here for a week. A week to relax, be away from home, and to see my Mummy. I'll be back soon enough and hopefully more prepared to face a cold Wellington winter. Of course with my wee nephew arriving next month, I'm sure the winter won't matter at all.

1 comment:

  1. Well if leads to real baking it's a good thing. Also I can think of worse ways for children to be entertained.

    ReplyDelete