31 March 2010

The side effects of a stressful day at the office

Tomorrow is my last day at work before the easter break and a weeks annual leave. Yay right?! Wrong! That just means that I have a whole pay run, 30 contract changes and all my normal work stuff to do in 4 days instead of 10. Plus it's the end of the month, so all the end of the month reports are due and deadlines are looming over my shoulder. And today I hit stress mode.

Having all my workmates in the office all day can be fun most of the time and we always have a good giggle, but on a day like today I just want them gone! At least when I'm in the office alone I can concentrate on what I'm doing.

Unfortunetly the side effect of such days is that I have a matter of minutes to high tail it over the road to the nearest shop for lunch. Which is Mr Bun and what does Mr Bun have? Chips! argh. Taste sooooooo gooooood, but man did I feel guilty and blech afterwards.

I finally left the office at 8pm (I'm supposed to finish at 5pm) and I only left because there was no more neurofen in the office to kill my headache. And when I got home, there was no dinner, just more party leftovers. So, a quick salami sandwich while I did some chores. I guess that's a little better than chips for lunch?!

Not a good day food wise, or work wise. One more day, and the I'm on holiday for 10 days - bring it on! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment