29 March 2010

The Party Aftermath

Saturday night we had a birthday party. My mate (lets call him MW) has his birthday the day before mine, so we joined forces and had an "H&M" party. It was a BYO dish but it had to begin with H or M. While it was exciting to see what people would bring, we didn't anticpate two things:
1. That no one bought veges, salad, or anything that wasn't yellow in colour (except the Hot pink Meringues), and
2. The massive volume of leftovers!
Leaving me with quite the deliema leading in to day 1 of my new challenge.

Before departing the boys were given an ice cream container and very forcefully told "Fill it!", which they obligingly did. (I'm sure they would have done it anyway!) MW took his cake, I even refused to keep some, besides, I have my own to worry about!

My wonderfully supportive flatmate (lets call him JP) graciously offered to "finish off the bad stuff" in the fridge - oh how honourable! (how do you show sarcasm on a blog?!) JP had the largest plate of leftovers for dinner that I've ever seen - my hero. He then asked if he could take some cake to work, you know, to "help me out". Sure, brilliant idea, in fact I bet the girls at my office will like some too. . .

Saturday night I thought it would take a week to get rid of all the leftovers, but within only 48 hrs I've almost gotten rid of it all. And only a very small fraction was eaten by me (I couldn't throw out the ham and cheese cobb loaf without trying some could I?!).

Meanwhile, the cake still remains. And it's carrot - my favourite. I wonder how long it will last. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment