28 March 2010

The Start

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. Yep, only one year to go in what everyone around me seems to think is the best decade of your life and it's all down hill from there. Personally I'm looking forward to my 30's. My 20's have been a rough ride and I can't wait to hit "dirty thirty". But, there is one thing that I've struggled with over the last 9 years and something I don't want to take into the rest of my life - my weight.

I've yoyo-ed (is that a word?) with my weight, but really just put more and more on. Two years ago I joined the only weight lose program that has ever worked for me and dropped down to a glorious 70kgs. But it was short lived and ever since have just put it all back on.

SO, I'm setting myself a goal. "65 by 30". For those that need more of an explanation, I WILL loose 35kgs to weigh 65kgs on my 30th birthday - 27 March 2011. Mark my words!!

Going softly has not worked in the past, so I'm setting myself some rules:
1. 3 meals a day only: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and NO snacks in between
2. Drink 2 litres of water every day
3. 5 hours must pass before eating the next meal
4. At least 30minutes of exercise every day
5. No alchohol
6. Write a daily blog about the journey.

How will writing a daily blog help you ask? Good question. While I covet the final goal, my will power is far from ideal. I need something to keep my motivated and to keep me line. And I love to write, share and muse. So, I'm blogging!

Let the challenge begin . . .

1 comment:

  1. You go Heather! :o) Loving your blog! You should become a writter.

    ReplyDelete