16 June 2013

Tracy and Candy's Wedding

The 11 June came and went, faster than any of us would have liked. It's the day that we have all been planning for, saving for and looking forward to for nearly two years. It was the perfect, tropical day for Tracy and Candy to get married. 

The evening before Jo and I babysat Ginny so that Ness and Chris could have a romantic dinner together. Ginny was very good for us, even waiting patiently while we spent 15 minutes trying to work out how to get the pram up. We gave up and carried her in the capsule to dinner. 

Wedding day started for us girls in the Salon across the road from the Resort. With plenty of time we all had our nails redone as well. While the mani/pedi the day before was relaxing, the paint job had left a lot to be desired. But, the wonder that is Shellac saved our nails for the wedding. 

I was slightly concerned when the hairdresser teased my hair so much that I thought I might end up as Marge Simpson for the ceremony. Needless to say, I didn't of course. 

The champagne started flowing and I started on my duties as the bridesmaid that will drink twice as much as the bride so that should she fall or embrass herself at all during the day, I would fall twice as hard or embrass myself twice as much, pulling focus from my friend. It was a sword I was willing to fall on, but I'm pleased to say I was not called on to perform such tasks. A debate has since be had about whether I would have done so if required. I say yes of course I would, but now we'll never know. . . 

Lunch was the only hiccup in the day, having ordered room service, it took it's time getting to us, missed a meal completely and as a result we had hungry bridesmaids and no one in dresses when they should have been. 

Once the photographer arrived we got Tracy into her dress, taking about three of us to get her in and tie her up. 

At this point I should mention that Tuesday was the hottest day on the island so far at 30 degrees. Being wedged tightly into dresses, full makeup and running around like blue arse bridesmaids made for a hot and sweltering day. 

Tracy was beautiful. She looked simply stunning and I was so proud to be her bridesmaid. You'll have to see the photos to see what I mean, because there are not enough words to express what a gorgeous bride she was. 

Candy's nieces Selina (9yrs) and Johanna (7yrs) were flower girls. They were incredibly well behaved and so very sweet. They loved getting ready with the big girls and watching their Aunty Tracy get into her dress. They didn't mind being told to jump out of the way, as long as they got to be part of the special day they were happy. 

The ceremony was beautiful. I watched Candy watch Tracy come down the aisle and I'm sure there were almost tears. I myself had a few tears when they exchanged vows. Not only was it one friend getting married, but two amazing and close friends getting married. 

The wedding photos were a laugh, with all four of us girls attempting to eat without spilling and everyone trying to stay hydrated in the heat. The Photographer and his assistant were very good at pointing everyone at ease. We tootled around the island to various locations and once again found ourselves climbing into weeds for dramatic photos. We ended up in the water and jumping on the beach. I won't even mention the mankinis the boys wore as a result of a dare. Tracy's face was priceless. 

On a side note, check our Nior Photography on Facebook for a few sneak peeks of the beautiful Wedding Photos. I have no photos of my own - for had I had my camera handy I would have spent all day behind it rather than enjoy the day and be the best bridesmaid possible for Tracy. 

The reception was lovely, amazing food and great speeches. I was most impressed by Selina's welcome to Tracy to their family and by Candy's speech that had him and everyone else in tears. He spoke so eloquently about his love for his family, friends and Tracy. I've never heard such beautiful words expressing the love he feels for Tracy and it really did make me cry. Tracy is lucky to have found such a wonderful man that loves her so much. (Candy, that's the last time you'll hear me say that, as we can't have you getting a big head now - I'll never hear the end of it!)

After the music stopped and the tables were packed away the bridal party finally walked back to our rooms, but the night was not quite over. We headed down to the beach and went for a midnight swim. After the hottest day, in the hottest makeup, tightest bra, fitting dress and about 75 jammed in hairclips, a midnight swim was the perfect ending to a fairytale day. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day! We are so happy that everything went well :)
    Had a peek at the photos too - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete