18 June 2013

24 thoughts on the first 24 hours in the USA.

(in no particular order):

1. Why are the hamburger buns soooo yellow?
2. The currency notes are the same colour and size. Who's stupid idea was that?!
3. The toilets are different shape, but I can't work out if the water swirls the other way or not. 
4. Tour companies are cheesy, but an awesome way to see a lot and learn a lot too. 
5. Clam chowder is amazing. I like New England Clam Chowder in particular. 
6. Fried Eggs are 'sunnyside up eggs'. 
7. Tipping is not as difficult to grasp as I feared. Besides, they can't make you tip, but somehow you want too to show your gratitude. 
8. American's are friendly and really helpful. 
9. San Francisco is like Wellington with it's dedication to public art. 
10. The Golden Gate Bridge is really as amazing as I thought it would be. 
11. I was corrected on my pronunciation of my own last name. I'm told American's would say it as 'Brownie'. Ummm, no. . . 
12. Wellingtonian's love San Francisco. Everyone I talk to says they've met lots of other Wellingtonian's here and the other Kiwis on my tour today were from Wellington too. Small world.
13. The price on the sticker is not the actual price. They add GST on once you go to pay. 
14. They bring the cheque to the table. 
15. Taxi's are wayyy cheaper than home. 
16. There are lots of art galleries in San Francisco - with some amazing modern art and photography. 
17. America is not nearly as far away from home with modern technology. 
18. How do they make their Strawberries so sweet and succulent?!
19. There are homeless people on every street. 
20. Pre-book your Alcatraz tour - or at least book for a day you're in the city, not just the country. 
21. The TV adverts are almost more interesting to watch than the TV programs. 
22. I'm proud of me for coming all this way alone and enjoying my own company as well as getting out and doing the things I wanna do. 
23. I become really patriotic when I'm away from NZ. I love my home. 
24. I'm a little bit in love with San Francisco and will definetly be back one day. 


3 comments:

  1. Im proud of you too !!! That's a cool list.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11. lets me honest it is Brownie
    14. Im sensing a funny story..
    15. are you sure you didnt forget to tip? (answer why they always get taxis on sex and the city!)
    19.The news tonight was mainly about how there is now homeless on evry wellington (its so true)
    22. I am proud of you and living through you!

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a great time!!!! Keep having fun!!! Lots of love from Tracy and candy xxx

    ReplyDelete