26 December 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This is my first week back at Scavenger Hunt Sunday and to be completely honest I hadn't planned on participating this week, due to lack of time to get my camera out. But once again, I was inspired by those that have posted their enteries and wondered if I could pull out some photos from my archives. While we're encouraged to take new photos each week, I figure that I've edited them this week and that's gotta count for something :)

1. Family

This photo is nothing special, except that it really is. This is my wonderful family (Lexi, Morgan, Dad, Mum, Lee and Me.) We took this yesterday morning before all the extended family arrived for lunch and present openings. The reason it's so special is because it's very rare that we are all in the same place at the same time and that everyone agrees to particpate in photo taking. It's all the more special for a couple of reasons. 1. Mum and Dad seperated three years ago, but thankfully for us kiddies they are still friends and we can have wonderful christmas' together. 2. While Morgan is not technically family yet, he will be in 2 months when he and Lee marry. To me, he's already my brother. 3. Bunker's in the photo, I just wish Sixteen had been around too. And 4. My wee niece or nephew is in the photo too, you just won't meet him/her until next year when he/she will be 6 months old :)
(Are you wondering why we're outside in summer clothes on Christmas Day? Well, I live in New Zealand and it's summer here, so Christmas is always warm and beautiful. We've had a sunny December, but a very windy and rainy week. Fingers were crossed for sun on Christmas Day and true to form the sun shone and the wind died down allowing us a beautiful day for a BBQ.)

2. Motion Blur

I'm really not a fan of motion blur generally, and I definetly didn't like this photo at first. But, after discovering the prompt and looking at this photo in a new light I realised it's uniqueness. This is my sister and her fiancee, taken last year some time. They are a fun couple and were acting the fool this night. Now that I've played with it a bit I love that the only thing in focus is Lee's face.

3. Pretty Package

Normally I like to use handmade name tags, but this year I found these really cute tags at the supermarket and I just couldn't resist. I've been trying to use up all the ends of christmas paper, but every year I find I have more than the year before. How does that happen?! It does make for very colourful photos tho.

4. Glow
So, I can't really take credit for this one because my Dad took it, but I edited it slightly, so I'm ok with it. It's me, on Waikanae Beach, at sunset. We didn't pose it on purpose, but it's the family photo that's now dubbed "Proof that the sun really does shine out of Heather's butt". 

5. Sparkle
This one really was taken this week. It's a macro of one of my sequined heart decorations on my tree. I don't like tinsel or the traditional snowmen etc type decorations (mainly because christmas to me is about summer and fun, not snow!). I like to have sparkley and different decorations. And I love my macro lens, so what better way to celebrate the season than to put the two together?! I love the abstract-ness of the photo.

Merry Christmas everyone



15 comments:

  1. Love those sequins! Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lovely family photograph and it's so good that your parents can still celebrate Christmas together with you all. Your glow photo made me laugh.

    Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you did participate - each one of your entries is so wonderful. I love your glow shot....funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkle is very pretty! And the butt shine is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your Christmas wrapping paper... and I love the tag, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your glow shot, it's beautiful! And I love the family name for it. That sounds like something my family would do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely family capture...especially with the kitty included! Great choices for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I really like the glow and sparkle photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my. those were awesome. and what a great family shot. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots. Love the sun coming out of your behind. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tag on the gift is so darn cute! I love family photos and the cat poking out on the left made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sparkle photo is great - I love it! It looks like it'd be a great computer desktop background, or a piece of art hanging in a room decorated those colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I laughed at your explaination of "glow" :)) and your family photo was special too!! :) i love togetherness and family time

    ReplyDelete