23 July 2013

Boston

Tour number three started just as quickly as the last one ended. I was lucky enough to have five friends from the previous tour and the same tour manager and driver on this tour. It felt like welcoming family back for this tour, so I was feeling very comfortable for this tour. 

Before arriving in Boston we had lunch in Providence, Rhode Island. It's a small city in a small state. That's about all I have to say on that one really. 

Boston is a very old city, one of the oldest in the United States, which you can really see in the architecture of the city. 

In Boston we went to a restaurant called Dicks Last Resort where they give you a paper hat with a rude comment on it (mine was "Ask me about my rash"), throw straws and napkins at you and are generally just dicks. This probably sounds familiar because this is not the first time I've been there. We also went to a Dicks Last Resort in Panama City Beach, Florida. After dinner a large group of us went to the Bowling alley across the street from the hotel and bowled for a few hours. It was a great way to get to know some of these new faces and have some fun at the same time. 

We got up early the next morning to take a walking tour of Harvard University. We had a great student guide that told us about the history and about student life on campus. Afterwards the day was our own, so I took a trolley ride around the city for some history before getting off at Fenway Park. I had lunch here with one of the other girls and bought some Red Sox fan souvenirs. I had to look the part seeing as we had tickets to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox. You know when you see baseball games on TV or in the movies and they play the ball game songs, there's a party atmosphere, there's action and there's men selling hotdogs?! It's REAL! A group of about 15 of us had great tickets and we soaked up the atmosphere as best we could. I fell in love with my foam hand, it was all so much fun. The Red Sox didn't win, but it didn't matter, now I'm a Red Sox fan forever. It was the best experience in Boston, I loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment